15 Things I Love About Christmas
Before you have to endure a month of everything I hate about the holidays I thought I would share the things that I love. Yes, even though the holidays make me incredibly sad there are still many things that I love.
- Christmas movies: I love these so much that I actually started watching them in November via Netflix and my DVR.
- Christmas lights: While I hate putting up the actual tree I still love to lay there and watch the lights twinkle.
- Christmas decorations: I love the tradition of going out and looking at Christmas displays.
- Christmas music: I pick and choose my playlist because I am sort of picky but for a couple of weeks in December I do love it.
- Christmas books: There are a ton of FREE kindle books with a Christmas theme and I am slowly reading them all.
- Christmas pajama’s: Every year I buy myself at least one pair of holiday themed PJ’s. I love wearing them all Winter.
- The food: I love to bake, but I love the little dips and appetizers even more.
- Seasonal scents: candles and winter bubble bath scents are my favorites!
- Norman Rockwell: Can’t help it all of his work makes me feel warm inside.
- Winter Scenes: I love most winter theme scenes, but Thomas Kinkade remains my favorite.
- Traditions: I miss my family traditions the most this time of year.
- Christmas mugs: adorable Christmas themed mugs with egg nog or hot chocolate make me smile.
- All things snowman: I can’t help it, they are just so cute
- Children: Kids are the way I survive the holidays. I know this might seem odd because other grieving parents tend to avoid them like the plague, but seeing their happy excited faces helps me a great deal.
- The reason for the season: I have my issues with my faith, but the birth of Christ still makes it on my list of things I love about Christmas.